Friday, May 24, 2013

FACTS DO NOT CEASE TO EXIST...

Lyrics by JJ3 the Liberty Bard

 

 
 
"Facts do not cease to exist, simply because they are ignored."
 
Nobody wants to listen when I talk of decline,
They watch the talking heads and they say everything's fine,
Nobody wants to take the time to learn about money,
What are you so concerned about, the future is sunny.
Nobody wants to take their eyes away from their screens,
Quantitative easing, what they hell does that mean?
Nobody seems to notice that our money's worth less,
Every time the banksters fire the printing press.
Nobody seems to mind when money's given away,
At zero percent, to all the biggest banks.
Nobody seems to care that it just may be too late,
And since nobody cares I guess I'll leave them to their fate.
 
CHORUS:
You can close your eyes, You can close your mind,
But it's not going to change what's coming down the line,
You may think they'll tell the truth, but I know that they won't.
Because politicians lie, but numbers don't.
 
 
Yes I'm tired of talking, it's too hard to explain,
The reason for recession, the economic pain.
If no one wants to listen when you tell them the truth,
If they won't accept the premise when you show them the proof
When a nation of now, creates a culture of lazy,
Where if you question their lies, they consider you crazy
They see the cliff's edge but they just keep on walking,
So I'm singing a song saying how I'm done talking.
 
CHORUS:
You can close your eyes, You can close your mind,
But it's not going to change what's coming down the line,
You may think they'll tell the truth, but I know that they won't.
Because politicians lie, but numbers don't.
 
Because were not the first and we won't be the last,
Empires of lies to be lost in the past,
The thing that astounds me, that makes my eyes tear,
Is how quickly we traded our freedom for fear.
Where is the place when I was kid,
Allowed me the freedom to do what I did.
Like ride my bike to school at only age ten,
Without a helmet on, oh my god what a sin,
We used to be able to tell a racy joke,
To sit in a restaurant and light up a smoke,
But now busybodies must approve and condone
Every action we take -- why can't they leave us alone.
They plan and they plan at home and abroad,
But the reality the system's simply a fraud.
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment